As you can imagine, I love sending cards. While I’m not the best at doing it regularly, when I do I get very into it. I sometimes like to include a little something extra inside to jazz things up a bit – who doesn’t love a surprise inside?!
Anyways, here’s my list of favorite things that fit inside a card (and should still only need one stamp!):
- Stickers! Obviously, I’m partial to stickers but they’re just so fun and easy to gift. They fit inside perfectly, don’t add extra bulk, and are lightweight.
- Photos. It might be just me but I feel like printed photos are slowly becoming a thing of the past. Printed photos, again, fit great inside of a card and you can write a little something on the back of them about that moment in time/memory. Add the date & where it was taken and it’s a fun little memento.
- Recipe cards. Especially during the pandemic baking was very big but this is a great for house warmings & host gifts too.
- Confetti! My grandmother always puts confetti coordinated with the events in our cards (hearts for valentine's day, balloons for birthdays, you get the idea) and it’s the cutest thing. It adds a little element of surprise when you open it which is always fun. For the record, I don’t suggest glitter!
- Seeds/seed packets. Depending on the type of seeds, most packets are pretty flat and you can sneak them in. These are great for spring, teacher gifts (thank you for helping me grow!), or even just to that garden/plant lover in your life.
- Event tickets. As live events are slowly coming back who wouldn’t love getting a pair of concert, Broadway, symphony, or any other type of event tickets in with their card?!
There are so many other things you could fit inside so it’s really just about getting creative! If you’ve sent something in a card let me know in the comments! I would love to put together a big list for everyone.
Challenge: Send a card with a little gifty inside this week! Be sure to take a picture and tag us @lineandkind. I bet you all with put together the best combos.